my faith

August 24, 2009

I'm a Christian woman. I love to talk about Jesus and do so every chance I get. And lately, I have felt led to tell you about the hope I have through Christ my Savior. Since I'm a crazy list maker I thought I'd put my beliefs in list form:

... I believe the Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God. I believe every word from cover to cover. I believe it is perfect in its exact form. I believe that if any person, claiming to be Christian or not, believes it's not the entire, perfect, inspired Word of God then he or she has been deceived by the world and therefore deceived by the evil one.

... I believe the scripture that states Jesus was born of a virgin, Mary. I believe the details are told exactly so in {Luke 1:26-38}. There is nowhere in scripture that states Mary was holy or had a choice in the matter of carrying and giving birth to Christ the Savior. This was God's great plan from the beginning of time. Glory to God and no other.

... I believe Jesus Christ is God, as He, Himself, proclaimed. I know the scripture reveals Jesus as "the Word" stating, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word is God." {John 1:1}

... I believe that Jesus is the only way to a relationship with the Creator {Almighty God} as He stated while on earth saying, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." {John 14:1}

... I believe that only through Jesus and His Holy Spirit are we able to have a relationship with God the Father. I believe Jesus and the Word of God when it states that only through Jesus may we enter the presence of God.

... I believe when praying to God we are to only pray through Christ Jesus, the Savior. I believe the scripture that teaches those saved through Jesus are covered by His blood that He shed for us on the cross and that only through Jesus' name are we able to go before God in prayer.

... I believe glory is to be given to no one or no thing {in Heaven or below} other than Christ Jesus and God Almighty. The Trinity is Holy. There is no other.

... I believe in the devil. However, while I am fully aware of his evil existence I have chosen to focus on the promise of my God which is for me to believe that He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world. {1 John 4:4}

{ Bible Gateway is great for quick reference }

No comments: