
... The most important moments I've been a part of this past week was sitting in Sam Dixon's home & being in the presence of his most loving family. While it broke my heart, my christian spirit was quite renewed.
... Lately the subject of prayer has been weighing on my heart a bit. {no, a lot} A deep need for change has started to set into my soul & while I can write a thousand words to my Savior, I want to be able to speak those words... out loud... every single day or night... to Him. He has reminded me of this every single day through sermons I listen to or a good friend of my mother's sharing a wonderful email about prayer. So when John MacArthur mentioned his book Alone with God as I listened I knew this was a book I wanted {needed} to buy ASAP. This is a purchase I'll be making this week. {If any of you have any great book titles on prayer you can share with me I'd greatly appreciate it... just leave a comment below!}
... I ventured to Anthropologie & Urban Outfitters with a little list of items I saw online. I bought swan brackets at Anthropologie & turned out they were under $4 each! {they are no longer online or I'd share the link with you.} While I went to U.O. for this Holga camera I also hurried through the back of the store's sale items & grabbed a few black hooks & brackets.
{If any of you have the Holga camera please share any tips or tricks you may have for this little trickster.}
... On a quick trip to the Goodwill I saw this Nichole Nordeman CD & had to buy it for 99c. The song "I AM" is my favorite & reminds me over & over the true sweetness of my Jesus. {lyrics}
... I blogged about watching the "Hope for Haiti" telethon Friday night & on discovering Matt Morris. I'm so out of the radio music loop so he was new to me. I found Hallelujah & Bloodline to be my favorite so far. {And that voice of Timberlake's... gorgeous!}
... I was given this Ritz recipe {below} through a co-worker & they are delicious. I highly recommend as a sweet little treat. {They are actually better than the Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies, if you can believe it.}
*ps. I developed an itsy-bitsy little crush. I forgot what a tiny crush felt like. It's nice.
Mint Thins {Ritz cracker recipe}
1 pk. {8 squares} Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
1 sleeve Ritz crackers {35 crackers}
{crush peppermint candy cane on top if you wish}
Microwave chocolate in small microwaveable bowl as directed on package. Stir until completely melted. Blend in extract.
Dip crackers in melted chocolate, coating crackers. Scrape off excess chocolate. Place on wax paper-covered baking sheets {sprinkle with crushed peppermint}
Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.
{I put mine in freezer for 10 minutes}
VARIATION:
{oh my}
For a chocolate-peanut butter twist, omit peppermint extract & candy cane. Spread each cracker with a thin layer of peanut butter before dipping into the melted chocolate.
1 comment:
It would be fun to put little red and pink heart sprinkles on top for Valentine's day too (on the PB ones)! How cute would that be?
Post a Comment