In September my mother and I boarded a plane and headed south. We went to sit with my Papa {her father} for his last days of his earthly life. It was an experience that moved me more than I could ever write {but will try and share with you someday soon}.
One afternoon I picked up a book my mother had packed and sat on the couch for a little while. As I flipped through, reading here and there, I jotted down some quotes that struck my heart on that day. I even scribbled some words or lines in my journal that moved me to do so. {I'm so in love with words...}
The book was When Heaven Is Silent by Ronald Dunn.
The ministry of silence.
{this line is so amazing to me...}
"But our God is in the heavens:
He hath done whatsoever
He hath pleased."
psalm 115:3
"Mark the first page of the book with a red marker.
For, in the beginning
The wound is invisible."
reb alce
"The God of Israel, the Savior,
is sometimes a God that hides Himself
but never a God that is absent;
sometimes in the dark, but never at a distance."
matthew henry
"As long as we want to be different
from what God wants us to be at the time,
we are only tormenting ourselves to no purpose."
gerhart tersteegen
"The secret of victory is losing the right battle."
dunn
"When I lay these questions before God I get no answer. But rather a special sort of "no answer." It is not the locked door. It is more like a silent, certainly not uncompassionate, gaze. As though He shook His head not in refusal but waiving the question. Like, "Peace, child; you don't understand." c.s. lewis
"A whisper which memory will warehouse as a shout."
owen barfield
No comments:
Post a Comment