so to honor Him...

Sunday, 20 December 2009

This song "Little Drummer Boy" {Jars of Clay version} has been on repeat in my home throughout this weekend. I can't begin to say how much I love this song. I like to imagine what I would have done and how I would have reacted at the first sight of the baby Jesus, my Savior.

I'm pretty sure I would have been face down in the ground feeling absolutely overwhelmed with love and peace as I bowed before Him. Almighty God in human flesh... come to save me.

All glory be to our Great God this Christmas... and always.

Come they told me
A newborn King to see
Our finest gifts we bring
To lay before the King
So to honor Him
When we come
Little Baby,
I am a poor boy, too
I have no gifts to bring
That's fit to give a King
Shall I play for You
On my drum
Mary nodded
The ox and lamb kept time
I played my drum for Him
I played my best for Him
Then He smiled at me
Me and my drum

No comments: