the day after Thanksgiving

Friday, 28 November 2009
10:30am

I just recently realized Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. {Possibly day of the year.} It's the day after and I already miss the scent of turkey baking in the oven and sides that are prepared to enjoy as I sat in many thanks over.

This year we had an amazing "plus one" to our large family. Anna Olivia, now 3 months old has joined us for her first Thanksgiving. First and foremost I'm grateful to my God for His presence in each of our lives... and she comes in second. Very next on my list. Her sweetness brings a room to oohs and ahhs in the most beautiful way. She's pure joy.

So on the end of this Thanksgiving day when deep sleep had almost consumed me I reminisced of the long day filled with shreaks of laughter, the sounds of 5 little feet up and down staircases and tons of hugs and kisses scattered about. . .

And I closed my eyes with thanksgiving pouring from my soul.


ps. this year our turkey had feathers & nails.... oh. my. word.

1 comment:

jegantt said...

I miss you all so much.