sweet sunday

October 4, 2009

I have not left my home all weekend. I'm so thankful for 48 hours of nothing to do. I have missed my home terribly for what seems like two weeks. I was out of state for 7 days and considering the reasons and events, it was extremely exhausting to say the least. (you should know this is not a complaint what-so-ever!)

I'm a homebody. I always have been. People used to say I would hibernate like a bear. As a teen if I wasn't out with friends or in school I was in my bedroom writing, listening to music, journaling, etc. It's just always been my nature. I'm a bear.

This weekend I've been pleased to organize. clean. laundry.

And even better things like wear my pajamas around with my new Kristen Davis black heals, my favorite hat and my gorgeous new ring I put on when I open my eyes. I've danced around to Patsy Cline and have caught up on a weeks worth of General Hospital. Spent time staring at my Papa's fedora hat I brought back from my hometown this week and tried to photograph it appropriately. I have yet to capture what it truly means to me. I have fallen in love, all over, with my bedroom that I missed the most while gone. I've watched the last episode of Rachel Zoe Project I missed and wished I had her wardrobe and enormous jewelry collection. Another words, absolutely nothing of importance what-so-ever this weekend.

There is much more I won't bore you with but I can't wait to tell you about an answered prayer I received this week for a friend. I also want to tell you about my time out of town. I'm not sure how long it will take for me to be able to express the experience in words because it's about my dear, sweet, Papa who has gone to be with our Lord. I'm still processing it and it's just so fresh in my mind and soul that words cannot come yet. You'd think it would be the opposite. But I need to let it all sink in before I can even bring a pen to paper to be able to relive it all myself.

Some of you know the details and so I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your thoughts and prayers and kind words you've expressed to my family and I during this time. The Lord was with us every second of every day and He fulfilled every promise He had made to all of us, His children. We have felt all of your prayers and you can rejoice in knowing that He answered every one.

I hope you'll have an amazing week filled with more joys than anything else...

always,
Jessica

No comments: