my Healer

Tuesday, June 30, 2009



One night, a few weekend ago, I suddenly became very ill. I still don't know what it was but I thought for sure I had food poisoning. I had not felt that awful in quite a while. Hot and cold flashes. Up and down. Considered flushing my head down the toilet. I'll spare you the gory details. Awful.

As I made another attempt to lay still in my bed (room closest to the bathroom) I remembered something. Just recently I had been to church listening to the praise and worship at the beginning of service. The worship leader lead us in "I Call You Faithful" (lyrics below) and I LOVED this. I mean, LOVED it! I could truly fill the Lord's Spirit as He filled the room and I could imagine He may have had the sweetest smile come over His face while excitingly tapping His foot from His throne. It was the kind of music that puts (the good kind) of chills right down my arms and pure happiness in my heart. I was so thankful to be called His child. SO...

I (not soon enough) in all my sickness and nauseousness, decided to sing.... and sing...

"I call You Healer
Your name is Healer
You are a Healer to me..."

until at last, in a very short time, the sickness lifted and I was able to peacefully fall asleep. Just like that.

I know He heard me and more than that... He knew I had complete faith in Him that He could heal me if I called out to Him. And He did.

The moral to my story is...
Don't wish to flush your head down the toilet or wish to meet your Maker. Just call out to Him! Call Him by one of His many names... Call Him your Healer in faith and then,

sleep in peace...

I call you Holy
Your name is Holy
You are so Holy to me!
I call you Holy
Lord you are Holy
Holy you are
and Holy you'll be.


I call you Faithful
... Healer
... Saviour
... Worthy
... All That (You have been All That to me)

Donnie McClurkin

1 comment:

Joni said...

I do love this song too!