Sunday, June 28, 2009
There are moments (though not often) when I find myself comparing Earthly things, experiences, feelings to Heaven. Just a simple statement like, "oh, this blueberry scented candle is just Heaven!" or "That weekend at the beach was... Heaven."
Mom's fudge... Heaven!
As I said it's not often I find myself saying this as I have (willfully) and consciously made an effort to hold Heaven and all that consumes it in a higher regard and respect. I have thought and studied and meditated on what Heaven may surely be so much that I feel I might have a passionate desire to keep it's image sacred.
I wonder if others do this same thing. As soon as the words escape me, "this is absolute Heaven!" I laugh at myself and this world reminding myself that NOTHING on Earth will compare to those things above.
Because I can assure you with my honest truth, when I daydream about actual Heaven, things (my opinion of the BEST things) are nowhere near what I actually find myself longing for.
There is no comparison. And for me, that in itself is amazing.
And as close to Heavenly as I can imagine.
There are moments (though not often) when I find myself comparing Earthly things, experiences, feelings to Heaven. Just a simple statement like, "oh, this blueberry scented candle is just Heaven!" or "That weekend at the beach was... Heaven."
Mom's fudge... Heaven!
As I said it's not often I find myself saying this as I have (willfully) and consciously made an effort to hold Heaven and all that consumes it in a higher regard and respect. I have thought and studied and meditated on what Heaven may surely be so much that I feel I might have a passionate desire to keep it's image sacred.
I wonder if others do this same thing. As soon as the words escape me, "this is absolute Heaven!" I laugh at myself and this world reminding myself that NOTHING on Earth will compare to those things above.
Because I can assure you with my honest truth, when I daydream about actual Heaven, things (my opinion of the BEST things) are nowhere near what I actually find myself longing for.
There is no comparison. And for me, that in itself is amazing.
And as close to Heavenly as I can imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment